Friday, January 30, 2009

It's a Miracle


In less than 48 hours after removing a tumor larger than a golf ball from my brain I was released from the hospital to come home for recuperation. It is never protocol to release a patient directly from ICU and especially after brain surgery to remove a large cancerous mass that was so deeply embedded in the brain.

On Wednesday morning Dr. Manning had cancelled a second CT scan of my brain due to the one right after surgery looking so good and ordered the post-op MRI. If these results were good I was to be released from ICU to go to the 5 East Surgery Wing. We were told the MRI results were great and as soon as a room would be ready I could leave ICU to continue my hospital stay for recovery. Due to the fact no rooms were available I stayed another night in ICU.

When Dr. Manning came into my room on Thursday afternoon to check on my progress and do further neurological tests he stated, “I can’t argue with the evidence in front of me. You look great, are doing great, up walking, eating, and the MRI results were pristine! I have never sent a patient home in 48 hours after this type of surgery, but you can go home.”

I want to thank everyone who have so diligently prayed, gathered, and supported me and my family during this time. I felt the presence of God before, during, and after my surgery.

I humbly ask you to continue to pray for my recovery, the doctors/nurses involved in my care, and for the upcoming procedures I will be going through.

I am resting well, slow, and steady.

No comments:

Post a Comment