Monday, February 2, 2009

February 2,2009

After 6 days from surgery I went to the doctor today to have the staples (40) removed from my head. He decided to remove only half of them now and the other half on Friday. So I am still sporting half the staples for a few more days. The doctor also talked about doing some radiation to my head area. This would eliminate any left over cancer cells and the reoccurrence of any tumor coming back to this area. I will have more to come on this in the near future, as the appointments are made to begin the radiation treatments.

“Blessed be the Lord, Because He has heard the voice of my supplications! The Lord is my strength and my shield: My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped: Therefore my heart greatly rejoices. And with my song I will praise Him.” Psalm 28:6-7

2 comments:

  1. Doug,
    You're my superman that keeps standing on the word to tackle the mountains that are put in your path. I know you will continue to be successful in all mountains that might come your way, because you are acting on FAITH AND HOPE through our Lord Jesus Christ. Let the weak say I am strong and healthy.

    Psalm 119:116 Lord, sustain me as you promised, that I may live! DO NOT LET MY HOPE BE CRUSHED.

    Jeremiah 17:7 Lord, do not desert me now! You alone are my HOPE in the day of disaster.

    Romans 15:13 So I pray that God, who gives you HOPE, will keep you happy and full of peace as you believe in him. May you overflow with HOPE through the power of the Holy Spirit.

    from my heart,
    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning, Doug, You've been in my thoughts. That's some look you're sporting. I hope you're able to get some good rest with all the stitching. I am very happy the surgery went so well; you continue to show me the way. Heal well my friend, Kary

    ReplyDelete