Wednesday, February 25, 2009

February 23rd Update

I just wanted to give a quick update for this week. After 5 days of radiation treatments last week I was getting pretty sick. I was experiencing a lot of nausea, vomiting, and headaches. My doctor was gone on Friday, February 20th, but the nurses set me up to see one of the PA’s and they were able to get me back on Dexamethasone. It is a steroid and helps to reduce swelling of the brain, which has been causing the headaches and nausea. However, there are other side effects to the steroid that have raised its ugly head so it’s somewhat of a catch 22. Today will be my 8th treatment out of 14. Since my doctor is on vacation I will be seeing another doctor tomorrow to go over my progress.

I continue to thank and praise the Lord for all the prayers and thoughts you have been saturating me with. I know your faithful prayers are going to see me through this ordeal.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Doug,

    We keep you in our prayers--it seems that is all we can do. May God give you the strength to finish out these sessions.

    Norma and John

    ReplyDelete