Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Update for March 4th 2009

I wanted to make just a quick update to the blog site since I said I would try and post at least once a week with new information.

I completed 12 full brain radiation treatments yesterday (Tuesday) and now will have two more booster radiation treatments to just the area where to tumor was located on the right side of the brain. I will be all done with the radiation treatments on Thursday (PTL).

My next appointment is scheduled with the chemotherapy oncologist on Friday afternoon to go over what the next steps will be for chemotherapy, which will probably start next week.

I will post information sometime after Friday’s appointment about what lies ahead.

Again, I thank all of you for your many prayers and thoughts. I know that God is in control and He is guiding me through this process with His loving arms wrapped around me and my family.

Please continue to pray that the next steps will be able to shrink the remaining tumors.

Trusting in Him with all my heart,

Doug

1 comment:

  1. Dear Doug, Congratulations on making it through the 12 treatments, I understand that having to remain absolutely still is a tremendous challenge. I hope the boosters will not have the same side effects. I begin a new job today and wanted you to know I'm thinking of you and trusting with you. Kary

    ReplyDelete