Thursday, March 26, 2009

Update for March 26th

As I promised I am updating the blog weekly.

I was set up to begin chemotherapy this last Tuesday, March 24th only 2 weeks after finishing radiation. My Oncologist recommended waiting a month. After not bouncing back as quick as I had hoped for I called MSTI Nampa and pushed the start of Chemotherapy out 2 more weeks. I will begin Chemotherapy on April 7th. We will be doing what’s called “Full Fury” which will include the drugs 5FU, Lucovorin and Irinotecan. You can Google the last drug name and find out more about the drugs and side effects.

I hope over the next 2 weeks to regain my strength before starting the Chemo Treatments. Please continue to pray for my family and me as we get ready to take the next step in my battle against cancer. It means so much to us to know just how many people are lifting us up in prayer. We thank every one of you for your continual prayers for us.

God Bless

1 comment:

  1. Doug, thank you for continuing to keep us posted. This is a big help to feel I am in a small way on the journey with you and our Lord. In some ways it brings a pain to recall my own experience but give me strength to seeing you fight and feeling your Christian convictions. My prayers are for you, Linda, and all your family and friends affected.

    In Christ, Steve.

    ReplyDelete