Monday, March 9, 2009

March 9th 2009

New Update:

I completed my radiation treatment as of last Thursday. The last 2 days of radiation all of my hair fell out. I never really wondered what I might look like as a bald man but now I know; only a face that a mother could love.

Linda and I met with the Chemotherapy Oncologist, Dr. Fiorentino, on Friday to go over the next steps in my battle with Cancer. He thought with all that I have been through (Surgery, Radiation) we should wait a month before starting any chemotherapy. I wondered about waiting a month because of the possible growth of the tumors. Because of my concerns and hesitation to push out treatments for a month we set up a tentative appointment to begin chemo in two weeks. At that time we will evaluate my physical strength and if needed postpone the chemotherapy treatments for an additional two weeks. Dr. Fiorentino told us that I need to be at full strength before beginning any chemotherapy.
Linda and I have made our way up to the Cabin in Cascade this week. I hope to get some much needed rest and renewed strength. Please continue to pray for me and my family as our God continues to hold us in His loving arms. I know that God is in control and I look for His leading everyday in my life.

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to post an excerpt from my most recent bible study lesson...Who's your Daddy?...Priscilla Shirer

    When you fall, He'll lift you up,
    When you fail, He'll forgive you,
    When your weak, He is strong,
    When your lost, He's your way,
    When your afraid, He's your courage,
    When your stumble, He will steady you,
    When your hurt, He will heal you,
    When your broken, He will mend you,
    When your blind, He will lead you,
    When your hungry,He will feed you,
    When you face trials, He is with you,
    When you face persecution, He shields you,
    When you face loss, He will provide for you
    When we face death, he will carry us home to meet him, He is your God and that's who you belong to.

    Much Love Always,

    Jana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your time at the cabin brought you some relaxation, renewed strength and Gods Peace. I continue to pray for Gods healing. His Grace is sufficient for all things at all times.
    I Love you Doug
    Ron

    ReplyDelete