Saturday, February 7, 2009

Feb 7th 2009

No more staples. Yesterday I went to the doctor and we removed the rest of the staples (20). I also met this week with the radiation oncologist Dr Stephen Smith (Nampa MSTI). We will be doing 14 full brain radiation scans starting February 17th. They are to be done everyday (except weekends) for the 14 days. There are side effects to the radiation treatments, but I know that with much prayer they will be minimal. By doing radiation to the head it will cut the chance of recurrences of any tumor growth in the brain area.

Words cannot express how blessed I am to know that so many people have been praying for me. I know that beyond any doubt it has made all the difference in my recovery from surgery. Once again, I thank all of you who are praying for me and my family during this time. Please continue to pray as we go through the next phase of this battle to rid my body of cancer. God is the healer and I trust in Him.

2 comments:

  1. I was diagnosed with terminal cancer last week and started radiation on my brain yesterday. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. After a few hours I felt a little cruddy (as though I were coming down with a cold)and exhausted, but was feeling better by the time I went to bed and I'm fine so far today. It will be okay. I'll pray for you. Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I also got a headache. My radiologist put me on steroids the day before to help with any possible brain swelling. Between that and two aspirin, it went away.

    ReplyDelete