Thursday, January 15, 2009

Cancer History

Because of my recent changes in the battle against cancer it seemed best (and requested by my brother Ron) to put together a blog site with the most accurate and up-to-date information. I will try and keep this information updated as things progress. As most of you know I was diagnosed with colon/rectal cancer in 2004. After having 10 inches of my colon and all of my rectum removed (leaving me with an ostomy) I went through several rounds of chemo. In 2006 after doing a PET/CT Scan we discovered that the rectal cancer had gotten into my lungs. I had spots removed from both my right and left lungs in 2006. I also went through more chemo that year. Then again in early 2008 we found another spot on my right lung that was removed on April 9, 2008. My next post will be starting with information in Dec. 2008 so look for the post entitled Dec 2008.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Doug, You are my hero! Your strength gives me strength and your faith gives me faith. My heart aches for the physical and mental toll the treatments take on you. I will carry you in my thoughts this week, especially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Doug, Mom sent me your blog so we could keep updated on your progress. I was so so sorry to hear the cancer battle is back. Your blog helps Hugh and I to pray with specificity as you go through the surgery & chemo treatments. Isn't it profound that in the midst of such a serious situation, you experience the Holy Spirit's greatest reality & comfort? I agree with Kary who posted "we carry you" in our prayers today and throughout the coming weeks ahead. In HIM WE LIVE AND MOVE AND HAVE OUR BEING! Friends Always - Ronda (Dillon) Laybourn

    PS... and when you feel better and can, keep sending Mom your biblical perspective emails because she LOVES THEM and always sends them on to us

    ReplyDelete