Friday, January 16, 2009

January 16, 2008

While yesterday was busy with setting up appointments and getting the films from my scans (MRI and CT) to take to the doctor, today was busy making those appointments. I had the PET Scan this morning and everything went ok. Because of my recent weight loss the Scan was shorter than any one that I have had before (only 20 minutes instead of 40). While doing a PET Scan you must lie perfectly still on a table so I was thankful for the shortened scan time.

Later this afternoon we met with the Neurological Surgeon Dr Manning. He did do some simple tests on me and after reading the reports from my MRI it confirmed that I do have a mass on the right side of my head or brain. We started the ball rolling to get a surgery date with some more or extra tests to be done next week. I will be very busy next week with getting ready for the surgery date of January 27th. Dr. Manning told us today the surgery will take several hours to complete. The extra tests to be done are 2 more MRI's, a vision test, and a pre-op with a fitting for a cage which will be used during surgery to hold my head in place. I also have an appointment with my oncologist on Tuesday morning. Hopefully we can get more questions answered.

Please continue to pray for Linda myself and my family for this upcoming surgery. We will need all the prayers we could get. God is very much in control and we are giving it all up to Him in faith.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you brother Doug for your Blog, it will certainly help everyone who loves you and is praying for you to be specific in our prayer's.

    I was typical in my reaction to the recent news about the return of cancer to Doug's body. I had really planned on Doug's healing,and so God has dealt with my disappointment and I have given Doug over to God once again. The Pastor has been preaching from Psalms 37 on the very subject of trust, and commitment, hands down and hands off if we truly trust and commit yourselves to God.

    We will continue to be in prayer for my Brother and his family whom I love deeply. We will continue to trust in God and his purpose for Doug's physical battles.

    Ephesians Chapter 3 is a great comfort to me, especially verses 16-21.
    "that He grant you according to the riches of his glory to be strengthened with power through His spirit in the inner man; so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith, and that you, being rooted and grounded in love,may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth, and length, and the height and depth , and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us. to him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever, Amen"

    Ron

    ReplyDelete