Tuesday, July 28, 2009

New update

Hello everyone,

Things are going good with me. I do have a bit of a sore throat that I hope that I can get rid of this week. Linda and I had a wonderful time at a family BBQ last weekend. It is so good to connect with family and friends that you know have been praying for you.

This is my off week from chemo so I expect to be feeling pretty good by the end of the week. Many of you have asked me just how long my chemo will go and at this point I can’t say. Dr. Fiorentino, my oncologist said we will go until I say, enough I can’t take anymore. I know we will be doing a MRI of my brain and a PET/CT scan of my body in August so we may be able to see where we are at. I know the tumor behind my left ear has gone down. It is less than a quarter the size it was when we started chemo. My hair has still not grown back, so I have to watch myself out in the sun.

God is so good! God is so gracious!

I thank Him for all your prayers.

Doug

PS There is a link to make comments at the bottom of the posting. I would love to hear from you if you feel lead to comment.

2 comments:

  1. Pray for you every day Uncle Doug! We love you and Aunt Linda so very much. Your faith and committment to our Lord is such an inspiration to me and my family.
    Love and prayers.
    Kacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. With God all things are possible. Matthew 19:26

    We love,love,love you! The Varchaver Family

    ReplyDelete