Friday, October 15, 2010

New Update as of Oct 15th

I went to the doctor today to get the results of the MRI I did last Friday. It was great news in that there are no tumors on or near the Brain area. That means that the issues I am having with the left side of my face are being caused by the tumor behind my left ear. We are going to check with the radiation doctor to see if there is any chance of doing radiation to this area again.

Now here comes the bad news. When we discussed doing more Chemo treatments the doctor said there is less than a 5% chance of the chemo doing any good, so that doesn't leave me with much hope of fighting the 4 tumors that grew the last 2 months. With only a 5% or less chance it seems senseless to go on with any more chemo treatments. We will be looking at different options in the next week or so, but things don't look too good at this point.

I will try and keep the blog updated as we go forward with new ideas and treatments.


Keep on praying for Linda and I, we love you guys and your constant prayers are a source of strength and hope for us.


God Bless,
Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment