Wednesday, October 27, 2010

New Update 10/27

Hi Friends,

I was able to meet with both doctors last week to talk about further treatments. First I met with Dr. Smith the radiologist to see about radiating the area behind my ear again. We went over the risks involved and they seem pretty high. Then I saw Dr Fiorentino the Oncologist to see about more Chemo treatments. I asked him if it would really do that much good and he thought that there was a less then 5% Chance that the chemo will help anymore. I don't feel like 5% success rate is worth all the sickness that I go though on chemo. So I have decided that I am done with these two types of treatments and will look for alternative things. I have already ran across two alternative treatments that sound very promising.

For the last week I have been going to a man's house in Boise everyday to lay on what's called a Bio-mat(biomat.com). They have been having great success with shrinking tumors using this mat. The very first day that I layed on the mat we noticed some changes, not big changes but some never the less. Linda and I have ordered the Mat and it should be here next week.

Something else that has happened this week is an emergency run into the hospital on Monday. For the last couple of years I have been having issues with a stricture in my urinary tract so I haven't been able to eliminate completely. This last weekend the structure closed off and I was unable to go to the bathroom. I went to the hospital and had to go through a very painful procedure to open it back up. I ended up coming home with a catheter for several days. I will be pulling the catheter out tomorrow morning and then seeing the doctor tomorrow afternoon. Please pray that things will stay open.

Thank you all for continuing to pray for Linda and I. I now it how important pray is and how we are told to pray for one another.

We love you all

Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment