Thursday, December 31, 2009

Last update for 2009

Well another year has gone by and oh what a year it has been. Looking back over the year we are amazed at how the Lord has gone before us each and every day.

After feeling so bad during the month of December '08, we found out the first week of January I had a brain tumor. That meant surgery and so on January 27th I had surgery to remove the tumor. The doctor told me the morning of surgery I probably had about 4 to 6 weeks to live if we didn't get it removed right away. I was shocked to hear him say that because no one else had given me this kind of news. The surgery was successful and I was out of the hospital in a record 2 days. He was amazed I was doing so well. I know it was the prayers of my family and friends that boosted my recovery.

After recovering from surgery during the month of February I started Radiation in March. I had 14 treatments to my head (brain).

Also we lost our granddaughter Isabel Anne in February do to some complications. She was only 11 months old. We miss her more than words can tell.

Once I was through with the radiation I was on to chemotherapy starting in April and I have been doing chemo ever since. Pretty much chemo happens every other week.

I was able to take 3 weeks off for Christmas and News Years. I will be back to MSTI Nampa on January 5th to start again. I also will start some radiation on a tumor under my right posterior shoulder blade on January 11th. We will be doing somewhere between 12 and 15 treatments. The treatments are every day with the weekends off.

I am very happy to still be alive and having made it through 2009. I pretty much have to take one day at a time. I am so thankful for those of you who have prayed me through this past year.

It means all the world to Linda and I that you all have stood by us this past year.

I look forward to the coming year and hope and pray I can still maintain my health for another year.

I wish all of you a very Happy New Year! I pray each day you will be brought closer to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. He alone is worthy of all our praise.

Please continue to lift Linda and I up in prayer as we enter a new year.

God bless you and we love each and everyone of you.

Doug

1 comment:

  1. We join you in giving God praise for His grace in 2009. We will continue to pray for you in this coming new year. Blessings on you.

    ReplyDelete