Monday, September 21, 2009

update for Sept 21st

I had an extra week off from chemo to get some dental work done. I am still having some pain in my jaw area from the tooth that we pulled. I can't say that it was a very fun week. I also went in for a vitamin C IV last Thursday. He used a small needle and it was going very slow. We changed to a larger needle and I was done within 20 minutes, however taking the vitamin C and B so fast made me a little sick.

I will be back on a chemo treatment schedule starting tomorrow (Tuesday). Please pray that my blood counts are up to normal and everything is a go for the treatment. It all starts around 8:30 and goes well into the afternoon, until about 3:00. I still come home with the fusion ball attached for a constant flow of the chemo drug 5FU for 48 hours. Then I go in 48 hours later to have the ball removed. He has droped my dose back 25% so I don't seem to get as much naseua as before.

Linda and I are also talking about going to the cabin this weekend so I am looking forward to that. It's always a great get away for us and now that the weather is starting to cool down it is very pleasant up in the mountains.

I hope everyone had a great summer and are well into the fall routine of work and school.

God is good.

Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment