Tuesday, July 13, 2010

New Update for July 13th

Last week my blood counts were to low to receive chemo treatment so we postponed treatment until today (Tuesday). I went in this morning to get my treatment and found that my blood counts were even worst then last week. The main blood count that they look at needs to be at 1500 to receive treatment. Last week it was at 1000 and this week it is at 500. This is kind of a normal cycle of ups and downs when doing chemotherapy. Your body can get depleted to a point when you just have to give yourself time to recover. That's where I am today. We talked about pushing out until next Tuesday but since I already have an appointment for August 3rd and have a PET Scan scheduled for July 30th I suggested we just wait until then for the next treatment. This will give me a 3 week break form chemo and a chance to recover. Everything else is going fine and I feel pretty good. The nurse warned me about colds, flu, and anything that I might be able to catch because my blood counts are so low.

Please continue to pray for Linda and I. I know that your prayers are what keeps us going.

We love you all

God Bless

2 comments:

  1. Love you Uncle Doug! Our God is awesome and mighty and I know that he will restore your strength and provide comfort to you and Aunt Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
    John 14:27

    Love You,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete