Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Update for Febuary 6th

More Radiation! Let me explain. Last Thursday I finished up the radiation to my rib area. That night I begin to have a lot of pain from the tumor behind my left ear. The pain was constant and would not go away. I went in on Tuesday to see about receiving my Chemo treatment and talk about all this pain I was having. We have decided to radiate this new area behind my left ear to get rid of the pain. Since Dr. Smith the radiation oncologist in Nampa was gone for the week they sent me downtown to MSTI Boise to see a Dr Dorn so we can get the ball rolling faster. Then today (Wednesday) I went in to MSTI Nampa to do the mapping for the treatment. I will again have to wear the same mask from when I did radiation treatment to my head last year. We talked about doing 14 treatments but that could always change. Once again I will put the chemo treatments on hold while I do the radiation which will probably start on Monday the 8th.

Please pray everything will go good with these new radiation treatments. I don't know what kind of side effects I am going to have. Please pray that they will be minimal.

God bless you all for your constant and continual prayers.

1 comment:

  1. I love you uncle Doug, and your courage and faithfulness are an inspiration. I pray that you have little to no side effects and keep a happy spirit.

    ReplyDelete