Monday, April 27, 2009

Update April 27th

I have completed my second round of Chemo and have been fighting the side effects of mostly nausea and tiredness.

Since our last update I had a PET/CT Scan done and we went over those results with Dr. Fiorentino. We now have a new base line to compare once I have been on Chemo for several treatments. We will probably take another PET Scan in about 3 months to see what is happening with the tumors. The scan showed increased activity in the lymph node behind my left ear and in the lungs. There is a new area of activity on the 6th rib on the right-hand side in the back under my shoulder blade. This area had been bothering me quite a bit and now it makes sense. But with that being said, I am not bothered as much with it anymore since beginning the chemo treatments. The activity in the lymph node in the left groin area was not visible. We have seen the size of the lymph node behind my left ear go down and Dr. Fiorentino was very pleased to see this in such a short time. Thank you Lord!

I am also going to be undergoing Vitamin C IV therapy from Dr. Sutherlin to oxygenate the body, which we know inhibits cancer cell growth. I am scheduled for the Vitamin C IV this Thursday. I have also just ordered up a product called Carnivora. If you want to know about this product you can google it on the internet and read about it.

All in all my emotions are up and down, some days are better then other days. I just ask that you would continue to pray for me and my family as we climb this mountain. I put all my trust and faith in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. My future is in His hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment